Only a few weeks have passed since what should have been the fallback dates for the 2020 edition of Insomni'hack. As so many other events around the world, this year's edition of Insomni'hack had to be cancelled because of COVID-19.
While we are obviously dissappointed about this forced cancellation, this is in the past and our focus and energy are now firmly turned towards the future: Insomni'hack 2021! We are thus pleased to announce the dates for this next edition of Insomni'hack:
From Monday February 8th to Friday February 12th 2021, at Geneva Palexpo.
No, it is not a typo: we will actually be organizing the next edition a month earlier than our usual dates. We couldn’t wait so long to reconnect.
As usual, we are aiming for a full week's event with:
- A variety of 2/3-days workshops;
- 2 days of security-related talks, over 3 parallel tracks;
- The largest on-site CTF in Europe;
- Several side-activities and social events.
As you may expect, we are already working actively on this next edition and here are a few additional milestones for you calendars:
- The Call For Papers (CFP) for 2021's edition will be running from September 7th to October 30th 2020;
- The traditional online CTF Teaser will be held on January 9th - 10th 2021.
Like everyone, we are obviously expecting a better situation and the possibility of organizing a "good old" onsite security conference. But, of course, our hopes and expectations will be subject to the actual evolution of the pandemic and the measures in effect at that time. So, while hoping for the best we will also prepare for the worst.
Of course, you will hear from us shortly regarding additional details and further announcements. As usual, follow us on Twitter for early updates.